Can I sell my idea to Sony?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Omar Salgado
    Participant

SONY and any of its affiliates have a policy that states they will not accept any proposal or offer for our products and/or services that comes from a third party. This includes, but is not limited to, ideas for new or improved products, technologies, designs, processes, software, promotions, advertisements, and marketing plans in order to protect their intellectual property.

How much does it cost to publish a game on PlayStation?

I believe the fee to also self-publish on PSN is approximately $5,000 (assuming that it is not being pub-funded), and the price of the development kit (assuming that it is not being lent) is a whopping 15,000 to 20,000 dollars.

How much does it cost to launch a game on PS4?

Microsoft did not want to discuss the amount in public, so they declined. Even though this pricing of $2,500 is being bandied about in the development community, every single game developer that we talked to said that Sony had given them free access to development kits for a limited time period of one year.

Can I publish my game for free?

Itch is a fantastic platform for the independent game makers out there. It doesn’t cost you anything to publish your games on this platform, and as the one doing the selling, you have a lot of say in how things play out. You have the option of setting a minimum price for your game, in addition to giving buyers the freedom to pay whatever they choose.

Can I sell my idea to Sony?, Can I sell my idea to Sony?, How much does it cost to publish a game on PlayStation?, How much does it cost to launch a game on PS4?, Can I publish my game for free?

Where can I post my game for free?

The Top 5 Free Websites Where You Can Publish Your Video Game
    ITCH.IO. Itch.io is without a doubt the most impressive self-publishing platform now on the market.
    INDIEGAMESTAND. IndieGameStand is a powerful platform that you can use to sell your game, and if you choose their pay-what-you-want offer, it is fantastic for generating strong short-term sales.
    DESURA.
    KONGREGATE.
    DON’T BURN MY GAME.

Is Unity free to publish?

You won’t have to worry about paying royalties or getting a cut of the money if you use the free version of Unity to develop and publish a game.

How can I publish my app for free?

Instructions for publishing your software on the Android platform, step by step:
    Make sure you have an account.
    Establish a connection between your account and the merchant’s account.
    Create a list of the stores that are listed.
    Figure out the details of the pricing and the distribution.
    Proceed with the testing of your app.
    Make a privacy policy.
    Examine the mobile app.
    Publish the application you have created.

How much does it cost to upload a game to Steam?

Valve recently revealed that the cost to submit a game to Steam Direct will be one hundred dollars for each title. That’s exactly right. Anyone will be able to publish a game on Steam for a fee of one hundred dollars. This comes as a tremendous relief to a lot of independent software developers.

Can I sell my idea to Sony?, Where can I post my game for free?, Is Unity free to publish?, How can I publish my app for free?, How much does it cost to upload a game to Steam?

Why do most indie games fail?

Sometimes the lack of a solid marketing plan is to blame for the failure of an independent video game. Either the development team was unable to generate an audience or they were unable to discover a method to interest the gaming community enough to get them to play the game. The second factor is inherent to the game itself, either a deficiency in game design skills or an insufficient amount of immersive content.

How much money does the average indie game make?

An average independent game makes $3,947 (this is actually median, average is not a good measure as its significantly distorted by top earners). Over two-thirds of the games do not have lifetime earnings of more than $10,000. However, one third of the most popular independent games are doing quite well.

Can you make money off indie games?

Making money off of independent video games is not impossible. In the experience of Eric Barone, he labored persistently on the well-known Stardew Valley game all by himself for a period of four years. All of this while working a second job and subsisting off of increasingly scant funds. It’s estimated that Stardew Valley made roughly $24 million in revenue in 2017.

How profitable are indie games?

It is safe to say that less than two out of ten independent video games ever turn a profit. 82% of all independent video games will never make more than $50,000 from sales on Steam. When you factor in the Steam split, discounts, returns, and other factors, the total is more like $2530k. It is safe to say that less than two out of ten independent video games ever turn a profit.

Can I sell my idea to Sony?, Why do most indie games fail?, How much money does the average indie game make?, Can you make money off indie games?, How profitable are indie games?

Should I release my game for free?

It’s fine to play free-to-play games if they just involve multiplayer. It is in everyone’s best interest to delay the Steam release for as long as it takes to develop a single-player mode of some type, regardless of how simplistic it may initially be. You may also take advantage of this additional development time to advertise the game and start the process of building a community around it.

How much money does a game developer make per hour?

How much can you expect to make an hour working as a game developer?
    Annual Salary Hourly Wage Highest Earners $153,000 (Standard Hourly Rate: $74) 75th Percentile $129,000 (Average Hourly Rate: $62)
    101.644 dollars below the 25th percentile 75.000 dollars above it

How much money do game developers get paid?

Did you know that the annual salary of a game developer averages out to be $78,499? This is equivalent to $37.74 an hour in value! Because the range surrounding that average can vary from $59,000 to $103,000, game developers have the ability to earn more after they advance past entry-level employment because the range surrounding that average might fluctuate.

Why are engineering salaries so low?

Engineers are accustomed to working with data and are not readily duped. It’s one thing to get paid less, but it’s quite another to have your humiliation magnified in front of others. Engineers are exposed to a high number of failed projects. More than ninety-five percent of the time, engineering projects are finished on schedule, within the allotted budget, and successfully fulfill all requirements.

Can I sell my idea to Sony?, Should I release my game for free?, How much money does a game developer make per hour?, How much money do game developers get paid?, Why are engineering salaries so low?

Does the gaming industry pay well?

More than 155 million people in the United States alone participate in gaming, which is a global industry worth multiple billions of dollars each year. It’s just that some in-game careers tend to garner more interest than others do at any one time. Fortunately, the majority of employment in the sector offer competitive salaries, ranging from a minimum of approximately $54,833 to a maximum of at least $100,000 per year.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.