Who found zero?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Carolina Orozco
    Participant

Who found zero?

Mayans

Did humans invent math or did we discover it?

The fact that mathematics was developed specifically for the purpose of describing the physical world is the only reason why it is so good at doing so. Mathematics is a creation of the human mind; as a result, we make up new mathematical concepts as we go along to fit our needs. Mathematics is something that was created rather than discovered. This is the position of those who reject Plato’s philosophy.

Is math man made?

The rules that humans devised serve as the foundation for their truth values. Therefore, mathematics is an exercise in logic that was made up, and it does not exist outside of the conscious thought of humans. It is a language of abstract relationships that is based on patterns that brains can recognize, and it was constructed to use those patterns to create a useful but artificial order out of chaos.

Are numbers real?

So (and this is the answer), if things in mathematics are real because they explain simple features of things we can see, then natural numbers are not more or less real than polynomials. This is the conclusion that can be drawn from this line of reasoning. Comparable to the difficulty of trying to count turtles without having access to their natural numbers.

Who found zero?, Who found zero?, Did humans invent math or did we discover it?, Is math man made?, Are numbers real?

Who found zero?

Are numbers infinite?

The progression of the natural numbers has no end point and is unlimited in length. The threes continue to cycle without end since there is no good reason for them to ever stop. When we observe a number like 0.999, which is a decimal number with an infinite succession of 9s, this tells us that there is no limit to the total amount of 9s that can be added.

Are numbers real or abstract?

Indeed, one of the most typical illustrations of an abstraction is seen in numerical notation. Some bright person in prehistory discovered that two sets that can be put into one-to-one correspondence have a trait in common, and the natural numbers are the abstraction of that trait for sets that are finite.

Are numbers real or imaginary?

Despite the fact that it is not a real number and there is no way to quantify it using a number line, imaginary numbers are real in the sense that they are employed in mathematics and do exist. Imaginary numbers, which are commonly referred to as complex numbers, are utilized in a variety of real-world applications, including quadratic equations and fields such as electricity.

What is 5i equal to?

The value that represents the imaginary number I is the square root of -1. In other words, the value of i2 is equal to -1. The square root of a negative number is not a real number, nor is it a variable; it is simply not a valid mathematical expression. For instance, the square root of -25 is represented by the number 5i. This is due to the fact that 5i times 5i equals 25 times -1, which is -25.

Who found zero?, Are numbers infinite?, Are numbers real or abstract?, Are numbers real or imaginary?, What is 5i equal to?

Who found zero?

What is 2i equal to?

The complex number 2i has an absolute value of 2, making it a complex number.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.